Monday, April 12, 2010

Sew Crafty

Ha! Such a clever title, I'm proud of myself. Here's what I've been spending my time on lately:

I made this for my friend Annie, who is giving it to her little girl for her birthday. It will match the curtains in the play kitchen she's making her. Annie gets all the design credit. Of course, Lydia wants one as well so I let her pick out the fabric for hers today. It's a hot pink leopard print--it's going to look fabulous, at least to Lydia!
I saw a tutorial for a little girl's dress made from a mens dress shirt, so I gave it a try. Lydia was asleep when I finished it so I put it on Luke to test the length, because it looked pretty short to me. You can see how happy he was about it.

Obviously I measured wrong at some point, because it's more like a long shirt/tunic on Lydia, but it will still work with leggings. The white ribbon is in place of the red waistband that has yet to be applied to the shirt/dress.
I love those rosy cheeks!

At the prompting of my friend Gemia, I made a Peeps bunny ribbon garland thingy for Easter. I decided I hate cutting anything out of felt.
More baby wraps for friends having babies.
Yes, that is a cabbage patch doll. I learned after the picture below that Luke is way too heavy for a stretchy wrap.

Happy crafting everyone!

5 comments:

  1. He may need some counselling later in life, but that picture of Luke in a dress is just begging for an internet photo caption.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you were such a crafter. Those pics of Luke are great =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job!!! I love the shirt idea!! Drew hadn't seen pics of D or Luke in a while and he about flipped- he said, OH MY GOSH! We are OLD! hahaha I thought you'd enjoy that! We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have several people in Kingwood who would be willing to buy the Ashley Moby Wrap. I've worn it 3 times since getting it and I've had MANY people ask where I got it. So if you want some extra income let me know. Liam loves it and so do I. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you have been busy! I'm so amazed at all the stuff you get done while your kids are up and about. I love Lydia's dress/shirt.

    ReplyDelete