Monday, August 10, 2009

A Funny Morning

This morning has been one filled with funny moments. I've chosen to blog about three. Hopefully somebody besides me finds the humor in them.

#1--Lydia woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. I was bathing Luke and she refused to get in the tub, so she was sitting on the toilet looking at a book. The window was open and a bird was in the tree outside singing loudly. Lydia looked up with a serious scowl on her face and yelled "Knock it off bird, knock it off!" Luckily some pancakes and juice put her in a better mood.

#2--Luke has a new fascination with toilets--playing in the water if you leave the lid up, unrolling a new roll of TP in 15 seconds, etc. (If you visit my house, you will find that the rolls of TP are sitting on the back of the toilet where they are out of his reach.) Today he found a new trick with toilets. Lydia ran in to me crying that Luke got her teddy bear wet. When I asked her how, she said, "in the potty!" I found Luke giving her teddy bear a swirly with a big grin on his face. Does this mean he's going to be a bully when he's a teenager?

#3--I was unloading the kids in the Costco parking lot. Luke was already in the cart, which was positioned next to the trunk. I was bent over unbuckling Lydia when I heard this lady start yelling frantically, "Someone lost their baby! Hey, hey you! (yelling to a lady about 10 cars down from me) You forgot your baby! You forgot your baby!" At this point I stood up and claimed him, and she just said, "oh, okay, cool" or something to that effect in a totally normal voice and walked off. Definitely random. Another lady who had witnessed the scene pulled up next to the car as I was loading the kids up and told me that she hadn't seen anything that funny in a while and it had made her day.

All this and it's not even 1 p.m. yet. I like today.

3 comments:

  1. That's funny. What's the opposite of Cinderella? That's what we should call Lydia for yelling at the singing bird =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha, okay those are ALL hilarious! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are some quite hilarious moments. I am glad you wrote them down.

    ReplyDelete