Saturday, March 20, 2010

Playing in the Sunshine

The last several days have been sunny, which I'm LOVING. I put the kids outside while I was fixing dinner a few days ago and walked out a five minutes later to find this:


They were fully clothed before I sent them out there, I swear. A plastic bin with 2 inches of water is definitely enough to swim in according to my kids!

Today we went for a walk in Noble Woods, which is just a few blocks from our house. We collected sticks and pine cones on our walk and the kids threw them in the stream. If you look closely you can see a few teeny tiny baby pine cones in Lydia's hand--they were pretty adorable.


Despite Luke trying to dive in the stream a few times, we all arrived home dry, happy, and
fully clothed. It was a nice walk.

On a completely different topic, does anyone out there have dust mite allergies? Have you used the covers you put over the mattress and pillows to cut down on allergens? Are they worth the money or is it a big crock? Just wondering.

2 comments:

  1. uuummmm... Maybe you guys should bathe your kids more often, so they don't feel the need to take a bath in the plastic bin outside!

    I don't have any allergy suggestions, except maybe moving to Antarctica, installing hardwood on your side of the bed or putting a plastic bag over head while dusting... like I said I am no help.


    One allergy question. Are you allergies as bad when you go to Pendleton or Fruitland or Utah?
    Everyone claims that the valley sucks for people with an over active immune system. Pretty but sucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have bad allergies to dust mites. I have noticed that it makes a difference to cover pillows and matress. There is an allergy company that my doc gave me a catalog for with all sorts of covers and laundry additives, etc for dust and mold allergies. I notice when I use someone vacuum versus my oreck with the allergy bags versus the central vacuum. The central vac is just so awesome.
    Good luck with the little man. My best friend from high school has a son named Luke, he has serious allergies too. Epi-pen always at the ready, a few trips to the ED. Maybe it's the name? Too late to change it?

    ReplyDelete