Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Our New Life

Their faces pretty much sum it up: mostly happy with moments of uncertainty about how we're handling the adjustment to our new addition. Even Ian seems like he's not sure about this whole "being in the outside world" thing yet, as demonstrated below.



He goes between grumpy and surprised, with a lot of this in between....

complete with the "don't hate me because I'm beautiful" model pose.

Sometimes he gets so sick of this place it makes him want to vomit...okay, so it makes him vomit.
(Remember this? I fear my days of eating dairy and chocolate may be numbered. Again.)

The rest of us aren't to the point of throwing up, but we've become rather lackadaisical about personal grooming and dress standards (excluding Tyler, who actually has places to go and people to see every day.) I'm lucky if I get showered before 3 pm, and even luckier if I get dressed in something other than pajamas and/or lounge-wear. (I keep telling myself it's just because my regular clothes don't fit quite right yet...how long can I keep using that excuse?) The kids wear all kinds of weird outfits, and even go to the store in them occasionally, because I either don't care enough to make them change or I haven't done the laundry so they don't have any matching clothes to wear besides pajamas....well, at least Lydia's pj's match. The shoes though, not so much :)

It's been raining A TON here, and yes, we've even seen some of the white stuff too, so I've remained holed up at home. The kids brought home a cold from somewhere (most likely church) and now the baby has a stuffy nose, so I'm trying to avoid exposing him to more germs and exposing my kids to places where they can bring home MORE germs to sicken Ian, so we've been trying to keep things interesting so that we all don't go stir crazy.

We've been watching more movies than I care to admit lately, but we've jazzed it up a bit by having indoor picnic lunches while we watch our movie. It's the new fave at home.


This was the entertainment we came up with today. I used to put my tights on my head and run around when I was little, so I thought I'd pass down the awesome tradition to my children as well.


Even Luke has decided that our new life is not so scary after all.


5 comments:

  1. shesh, ashley. Get over it already. Isn't Ian like 3 weeks old? Get in your jeans, get to the grocery, and sign up for a marathon already.

    I am sure there are some positive long term benefits to kids watching a lot of movies. I will let you know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom told me I didn't have to wear real clothes until 6 weeks but I've stretched it out to 4 months so I say your good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I love the pictures, especially the picnic pic and Ian's beauty pose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love their outfits coupled with the facial expressions - priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most definitely there are long term benefits to kids watching lots of movies: Sane Mommies! Welcome to real life, right? And I plan on wearing jeans again myself before 2012. You're doing great ash. And you're babe is precious.

    ReplyDelete