Sunday, August 21, 2011

Our trip to Bend

So I'm finally getting around to posting about our family trip to Bend, Oregon, in mid-July for Tyler to do a century ride (100 miles in one day...or just under six hours, including climbing halfway up Mount Bachelor, for my amazingly athletic and awesome husband!) Sadly, I failed to take any pictures of him on his bike. You'll just have to trust me that he really did it!

I'll be honest, I probably wouldn't have posted about this trip had I not come across this montage of pictures from the day before the ride. This perfectly captures the many faces my children make while trying to get one picture where they're both looking at the camera and smiling. I do so love these two crazy kids of mine!

(Pardon the quality, they're from a phone camera.)









On our little walk in downtown Bend, we gave the kids $1 to spend on whatever they wanted. Not surprisingly, they spotted a candy store and were ready to throw their money down on the first sugary treat they laid their eyes on. Luke ultimately went with the sucker, and as you can see, he enjoyed it immensely.


Lydia went with the Sweedish Fish. I have raised her well.


This last picture was not taken in Bend. It was taken at our ward camp-out a week and a half ago in North Plains, Oregon. I just wanted to document that we did go camping this summer, even if it was just for one night.


1 comment:

  1. Very cute faces =) "Just one night" is funny, I would put it: "We camped for an entire night!" That's all I'd every want to do!

    ReplyDelete