Wednesday, June 17, 2009

That'll Show Her!

So this afternoon I was checking the family blogs and marveling at my sister-in-law Melissa's skill at building various home furniture items, this time a large armoire which was beautiful. I posted a comment on her blog asking when she finds the time to build stuff when I can't even find the time to mop my kitchen floor. Luke must have been reading my comment from afar and agreed that a floor mopping was way past due. I turned around after hitting "post comment" to find this scene:
He got his grubby little paws on the table cloth and yanked it, spilling half-eaten Kix cereal and milk, a box of rice cereal, my scriptures, newspaper, and various other items all over the floor. (Luckily my scriptures weren't ruined.) He gave me just the push I needed to get the floor mopped. The two kiddos went down for a nap and I mopped the floor and enjoyed the cleanliness for an hour before they crushed crackers all over it. Luckily, I have given up hope of having a crumb-free kitchen floor. It makes snack time for Luke easy--I just put him down and let him eat his way across the kitchen floor! :)

5 comments:

  1. WOW what a little rascal!! I've had several of those sorts of kid induced nudges as well...aren't they great? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A clean kitchen floor? What is that?! Isn't it the truth that the second it's clean there are crumbs, spilled milk, and grubby little feet print all over it? I too have given up on a clean kitchen floor until the kids are out of the house. :) Glad you got to enjoy yours if only for an hour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sorts of pictures make me feel soooo good! I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And that would be why we can't have nice things! No table cloths, they are too nice for my house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are a super mom! how do you even get 2 babies to nap at once? awesome on the flooor mopping too!

    ReplyDelete