Saturday, June 13, 2009

Luke and the Stairs


It's the small and simple things that really make life fun. On Monday Luke finally took notice of the staircase. He pulled himself up onto the first step and took a look around. He seemed to like the view and the challenge. Ashley and I realized we'd better come up with a good way to block off the stairs when we're not supervising the climb. The next day Ashley left the room for less than a minute, and when she came back Luke wasn't there. She ran to the stairs, and he was already almost to the top! And out came the video camera ...

Here's our temporary solution - it's pretty clear from the photo what Luke thinks of it.




3 comments:

  1. Let the boy climb your stairs! Let the boy sleep in your bed! And however else that S&L skit went.

    Ty, if you're ever out a job, you could be one of the sound people for a radio show, like Dr. Laura's Steve (I think that's his name) b/c you're good at pickin' the tunes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh! I cant believe how big he is! That is such a cute video. And I love how he speeds into the bathroom once at the top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very clever road block. I think I would have tied a rope around my kid's leg and then to something bolted down and make it just short of reaching the stair.

    Your entertainment center is next(after I get a dust collector and build myself a work bench). Just ignore me when I stare at your wall for an hour or so the next time I am at your house.

    ReplyDelete