Saturday, November 14, 2009

Randomness

Forgive me for my rambling. I haven't posted in a little while so this is a collection of recent events/thoughts.

So this thought actually ties to the picture; the rest, not so much. I just threw the other ones in for fun. The other morning Lydia was in the other room yelling, "Mommy, I broke my leg!" "Oh no!" I replied. "It's okay," she said, walking into the kitchen as you see in the picture. "I already put a cast on it." I wonder if the guy who invented air splints got the idea from his 2 year old putting a water wing on her leg. Probably.


Tonight Tyler was trying to do something (I can't even remember what it was and it just happened a few hours ago--sad!) and he couldn't get it to work. I heard him turn to Lydia and say, "When things are really hard, don't try to do them anymore. Just give up." Of course, he was laughing as he said it, but I don't know if she is old enough to catch on to his sarcasm. I can't wait to hear her repeat that line to someone in a few days.

Lydia is getting into the "why" stage of her life, and it seems that she likes to use it most when I am frustrated, and it really annoys me. For example, I stubbed my toe and made a groaning sound, and was not really in a talking mood for at least 30 seconds afterward. "Why did you make that noise Mommy? Why? Why did you? Huh mom? Why?" When I slipped going down the stairs this morning (while holding Luke, I might add), her first question was "why did you do that Mom? Why did you fall? Why did you do that?" spoken in a tone insinuating that I had purposely fallen down the stairs. As I'm writing this I realize that it only really bothers me after I've had some kind of bodily injury, so maybe I just need to stop hurting myself and the "whys" won't annoy me so much. Maybe.


A while ago I noticed that there was this kind of film forming on my bathroom floor, I think it's hairspray residue that falls after I spray my hair. Anyway, today I finally got around to cleaning it off the floor. I started with this environmentally friendly cleaning solution that the previous owners left behind because I like the way it smells (lavender and tea tree oil) and because if Luke got a hold of it somehow and ate it it wouldn't kill him. (I really think about these things because he eats everything--today it was my deoderant. He left little tooth marks in it before I could wrench it out of his death grip.) The eco-friendly stuff didn't work AT ALL. After scrubbing for a while I busted out the Scrubbing Bubbles and let that stuff sit on if for a minute or so, and watched the residue just lift off the floor like magic. Way to go eco-unfriendly cleaning solution!!! That poison-in-an-aerosol-can stuff is amazing!


(Don't worry, this doesn't stay sideways for long at all--Lydia refused to cooperate due to her wet pants from earlier puddle jumping adventures.)

Last random question--does anyone else's hair grow in really weird after having a baby? I grow all these tiny bang-like things around the front of my head and they stick out like horns from the side of my head every time I try to pull my hair back (hence the hairspray and hairspray residue on the floor mess.) I am concerned that if I have another baby I may never be able to pull my hair back again without a fan of little baby hairs in a semi-circle around my head. Any ideas?

9 comments:

  1. GREAT pictures, stories and videos! So cute! LOVE the air cast!! If it makes you feel any better, the "why" stage truly doesn't last forever (at least it didn't, thankfully, with Azure). So, although it can drive you NUTS it does, at one point, die out. Whew! Lastly, YES, I also got (and still have some although they seem to be slowly going away) crazy fly away bangs that drove me CRAZY after each baby. I tell ya, pregnancy can do crazy things to parts of your body that you just don't expect. I'm right there with you though and a bit scared what round three will bring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ashley! My hair does that, too. I suppose you could shave your head, then you don't have fly aways. I love Luke's puddle jumping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the horns too. I just figured it was my mormon devil horns showing after giving birth to the spawn ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the videos. The really long run for the not exciting jump into the leaves is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My hair does that now, TOOO!!! I can't get rid of it- and silly me, I didn't even THINK about hair spray. I know what I'm going to the store for tomorrow......

    I like Maren's post. hahahahahahhaa so true!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have the horn things, but I'm literally losing handfuls of hair at the moment. I'm all for shaving your head and wearing a wig--so much more efficient for getting ready in the morning. No more blow drying, round brushing, etc.! I've seriously considred it myself, since my hair is falling out anyway. Might as well help the rest of it along.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No horns here... Okay, maybe I just didn't notice because I've always had fly-aways. But I DID get gray hair from each pregnancy. A big patch on the left after #1 and a big patch on the right after #2. I think a #3 would probably turn my whole head gray. I always thought my mom was teasing about us giving her gray hair, but it turns out it's true!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad I'm not the only one getting weird little hairs all over my head! And Karli, I'm getting new grey hairs all the time now too! I'm also so happy to know that not just my family members actually look at my blog--you all made me feel so popular by commenting! Hooray for blog comments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had just the opposite problem; the month after I delivered my hair was falling out in clumps. The doctors said its normal (they say that about everything) and that your body doesn't shed hair like it should while you are pregnant. But I still feel like my hair is thinner than it was.... What is worse; weird extra hair or baldness? I think its a toss up.

    ReplyDelete