Monday, January 18, 2010

The Little Lady in My Life


My little bundle of sunshine has really been on a roll today. A small sampling of her quotes of the day:

*We've been putting Lydia and Luke to sleep in the same room for the last several nights, and it seems to be working out pretty well, although Luke always wakes up first. This morning I got him up when I heard him, and Lydia came down a while later. I asked her how she slept. "Well, apparently Luke woke up and was crying," she said with a furrowed brow (and she put a very special emphasis on the word apparently--long and drawn out with a pause afterward.) "I had to put my blanket over my head to keep him out!"

*I handed her her vitamins. She started scarfing them down and I said, "Say thank you, please." She looked at me for several seconds before saying, "Thank you please" with a smirk on her face.

*Tonight for Family Home Evening Tyler was reading from his journal about Lydia and Luke's births. Lydia was running around wildly not paying attention except to ask every few minutes when we were going to have our FHE treat. In Ty's journal entry about Lydia's birth he wrote about how her eyes were open when she came out and he wondered what she was thinking at that moment. "Lydia, do you remember what were you thinking about when you were born?" he asked. "Yes, I was thinking about our Family Home Evening treat."

She's such a sassy lady sometimes but I do love that little girl....I can't believe she's going to be three years old in a few weeks!


3 comments:

  1. That's all I can think about during FHE, too. Tonight: chocolate bar with Butterfinger inside. It's like a Krackle, but with the Butterfinger flakes. Pretty good! I do love her 'tude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, time flies. I sure miss that little girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. our family home evening treat. that girl is quick! love it!

    ReplyDelete