Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Merriest New Year!

Happy New Year! I have a New Year's resolution to contribute more to the blog. Nah, not really. But I guess since my recent contribution equals zero I've already met my goal with this post anyway. Very nice.

We had a wonderful Christmas break in Pendleton. Lydia has figured out the true meaning of Christmas - presents. It was fun to see her get so excited opening the presents. Though sometimes it seemed as though she was just feeding off of us as we were excited for her. She didn't want to let us down. Luke was a big fan of other people's presents. He picked up his cousin Tate's new dog toy, started playing with it and called it a "schweka." In fact, schweka became his word for a lot of things that week. Everything he pointed at was schweka. It must have been so frustrating for him that we couldn't figure out what he was talking about. It's so simple.

Just before New Year's we were hit with a beautiful snow storm. It came hard and fast and no one was expecting it. It was perfect timing. It started to stick to the roads just before rush hour. As I rode the Max home I watched as cars spun out, bumped into other cars and on highway 26 no one was moving. It was a good day to ride the Max.


By the time I got home Lydia and Luke had already built their snowman. Though Luke was more interested in eating the raisins that made up the snowman's mouth.


After the New Year celebrations were over (We watched a movie and fell asleep. We really like to party.) We went to the zoo to see the Zoo Lights. Very cool. Yes, they were just lights, but there were lots of them and they were pretty. Plus, we got to see some monkeys and that's always fun.



I also celebrated by not shaving. It started because I was lazy and didn't feel like shaving. Now I'm past the point of no return. I think I'll at least let it go a month.


And there you go. Hope everyone's having a wonderful start to 2010.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for showing the spelling, I've been writing "shwecka". How embarresing. Anyway, why do none of my brothers shave anymore? Does that mean I'm off the hook =) and I'm talking legs, not face here! Very pretty snowman and garland on the porch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a great post!
    Love the family picture of you guys outside!! you all look so happy!
    would love to get together sometime!

    ReplyDelete