Monday, February 1, 2010

Dumpster Diving

As you may recall, Luke has had a certain affinity for garbage cans from an early age. His new fetish is flushing the toilet/flushing things down the toilet. (I think he may have a future in waste management.) So when my keys turned up missing and I'd looked ALL OVER the house for them, I had a suspicion that they might be in one of those places. Since tonight is garbage night, we figured we better check the nastiness that is our garbage can before the trash man took it away for good.

Success!

I'm definitely keeping my keys out of his reach from now on.

10 comments:

  1. oh my! that is funny, what's funnier is your face in this picture. i like tyler's beard. nathan is doing the beard thing right now too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's sneaky!! I've dug through the trash on several occasions as well. These delightful toddler boys, tee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least he's putting things IN the trash/toilet and not taking things OUT of them! Imagine those little "gifts" you'd be receiving :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good thing Ashley has access to latex gloves, huh Tyler?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know it, Becky. Too many blow-out diapers in there for me to venture in unprotected. Oooh, the stink...

    ReplyDelete
  6. i seriously can not look at this post for very long, it makes me dry heave. I have gone back a couple of times just so I can read it! I would have checked anywhere (like the toilet) but in the big garbage. I probably would have paid to have the cars, house, church, and work re-keyed before venturing in the large garbage. I am more grateful for my lockable compactor now more than ever.

    You guys are brave, very brave!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is awful! I don't know if I could do it...I'm with doodooguru, it makes me dry heave. I think I would just change all of the locks and get new keys...I don't know, is that a pain too...oh, I can't even imagine the smell, the feel...you guys are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahahahahaha! gross! what a little turkey! i've found weird things in weird places too...most of it was by derik though. one time (and this is my favorite one to re-tell) i found the car keys in the freezer. he's such a loopy man sometimes!

    hey tyler...is it no-shave november still?

    ReplyDelete
  9. When did you ditch Tyler for Grizzly Adams? (He looks good by the way)

    ReplyDelete