Monday, August 9, 2010

Back from the (blogging) Dead

Howdy everyone. I'm lacking the motivation to sort through the many pictures of our wonderful family trips over the last two months, the first with Ty's family to the Oregon Coast, and the second with the Smith side in McCall, Idaho. So today you don't get pictures of our trips, you get videos of what we've been doing recently. Hopefully that will suffice and eventually I will get my rear in gear and post more frequently!

We spent a few hours at the Washington County Fair. Lydia loved the ponies; she came up and told me all about it (I wasn't there when she saw them the first time): "I put out my hand and he sniffed it and his whiskers gave me kisses!"




Luke has gained a new skill--riding a bike. He seems like such a big boy to me, riding his bike around the cul-de-sac in his little yellow helmet!




This last video is Luke's attempt at Red Light, Green Light. The kids love to play that game when we're grocery shopping; I have to stop the cart every time they yell "red light!" (Sometimes shopping takes a long time!) It was interesting to me to see his little brain equate moving in a shopping cart to moving on a bike, and to know that the same game applied in both situations.


Please drive slowly if you're ever on our street--his steering skills and "watch out for cars" skills are still developing!!!

4 comments:

  1. I'm showing this to Tate when he wakes up. He'll be so excited to see Luke and Yaya, even if it's only on the compy. Maybe it'll motivate him to try his tricycle again =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I don't think my 3 1/2 year old knows how to ride a bike. Uh--- I better get on that! what fun videos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute videos! I want to come to the Oregon coast! I miss you! I'm glad you're back :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just barely watched the videos- man you have cute kids! I love the last one with the red light/green light- he is adorable!

    ReplyDelete