Sunday, September 19, 2010

Luke's second birthday


Tuesday was Luke's second birthday. Oh how I love that little boy! He is getting to be so much fun now; I definitely think two is my favorite age for kiddos. He loves to run and jump and play with trucks, and he gives good hugs and kisses when you're lucky and catch him in the right mood. His vocabulary is constantly expanding, and he surprises us sometimes with his sentences. Today he said, "I see a squirrel right now!" and (very forcefully) "Come down right now! Dinner!" He definitely isn't afraid to take charge. He also is very polite in that he almost always says thank you whenever you do something for him.

He has started singing a lot and now has renditions of "Rock-a-bye Baby" and "I Am Like a Star" added to "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star." He also attempts to belt out the hymns at church, and usually the little kids around us turn to look at him during the Sacrament hymn to wonder why he is being so irreverent. He has the best smile and I love his dimples. I just love him so much--even though he can be a MAJOR stinker when he wants to be!

I learned that when you whip frosting a lot to mix in food coloring, you should put it in the fridge to harden again before you frost with it. Otherwise you end up with melty frosting, fire truck windows that slide down the cake, etc.


3 comments:

  1. I love the firetruck cake - probably not as much as Luke though - what a cutie!! Tell him Joshua says Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even with a mouth full of firetruck radial, Luke still manages a "cheese!" for the camera. That's dedication to his craft.

    ReplyDelete