Saturday, July 23, 2011

Update on Luke


Look who's wearing big-boy underwear all the time now!!!
Once he decided he was ready (and a few Skittles and Starburst helped too) Luke was pretty much potty trained in a few days, including wearing underwear at night. He's had just a few accidents, one of which was in the parking lot at Home Depot. I turned around to find him standing by the van, legs spread, not moving. "Mommy, I pee peed in my pants! I made a terrible mess! We have to clean it up!" I was really happy he let the floodgates loose in the parking lot and not in the van.

I am certainly enjoying not having to change his diapers, especially since his intestines apparently cannot hold fecal matter for any length of time, necessitating multiple BMs a day. Yuck.

He has since mastered the art of peeing standing up, and had his first experience peeing in the roadside bushes on our way to Bend last weekend for Tyler to ride his 100 bike ride on Saturday. (Way to go Ty!) We found him outside in the back yard of the house we were renting with pants down peeing off the steps. I'm sure it won't be the last time we find him urinating outside when a functioning bathroom is five feet away.

1 comment: