Monday, March 16, 2009

Hallelujah!

Lydia is currently upstairs entertaining Luke, who is in his crib.  They are alternately shrieking and laughing at each other, and occasionally she pops up yelling "peek-a-boo!" over the side of his crib.  I stopped doing dishes and went in their room trying to be a part of the fun, but Lydia told me emphatically, "you go back downstairs and wash the plates right now!"  (She said this both times I attempted to crash the party.) This could be the start of something beautiful--my children actually playing together without me in the middle of it all!!!

In other news, my mom, sister, and sister-in-law were here this weekend for "Girls Weekend."  It was fabulous--good food, better company, and we also saw the Broadway play "Wicked," which was wicked awesome!  It's been a long time since I've been to a musical and it was fun to see one again.  I also enjoyed spending time with the girls only--no kids allowed.  We live so far apart that we don't see each other often, and never without kids, so it was a great break for all of us.  Thank you husbands for watching the kids (or in Dad's case, being home alone!)  I have a great family and I love them so, so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment