Sunday, February 22, 2009

Our Week

Well, I've been remiss in blogging during the week, and since I can no longer remember more than a few days at at time, I will just have to start at Thursday.  Thursday afternoon we had lunch with Tyler's parents downtown as they passed through on their way to California.  Lydia got her very stylish birthday luggage from them, and she has not ceased dragging the bags up and down and all around the house.  She is certainly a girl.  Grandma Stoddard also made her a beautiful quilt for her bed that actually matches the paint on the walls (thank you Shirlene!)  It has four little girls on it and she randomly names them the names of her friends and cousins, boys and girls alike.  I think she's still learning that boys don't wear dresses.

Last night Tyler and I went out for our monthly date.  We went to dinner at a local upscale Mongolian BBQ restaurant (yes, there is such a thing!)  It was great food and the company was even better :)  Some of our friends watched the kids for us, and I dressed Luke up in his cute Gymboree outfit courtesy of Tyler's Aunt Diane.  I love playing dress up with my kids, although Lydia doesn't let me near as much as she used to!

As we were getting ready to leave for the babysitter's house, Lydia come over to us and said, "my (insert unintelligable word here that starts with an a) hurts."  We asked her again what hurt, and she said, "My allergies are really really bad right now."  What?  I don't even recall that my allergies have been bad recently, so she must have some amazing recall from months ago. Anyways, Tyler and I about died laughing. She's a pretty funny kid.

Today we went to Church and then enjoyed long afternoon naps.  I know most people don't, but I'm totally digging church at 8:30 am!  After awaking, Lydia and Luke suffered a tickle attack from Daddy.  I love to hear my kids laughing with my husband, I don't think there is a better sound in the world! 





2 comments:

  1. Your family is so cute!! I love date nights! And that outfit on Luke is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's weird Aunt Diane didn't get us any new outfits.:) We found and love your blog. Your kids are darling (must come from a good gene pool.) Lydia and Sophie sound like they have a lot in common.

    ReplyDelete