Wednesday, February 11, 2009

You like rice?

So, last night we gave Luke rice cereal for the first time in an attempt to increase the odds of him sleeping through the night.  Expecting him to hate it like Lydia did, I had bibs and burp cloths ready to mop up the mess I was sure he'd make.  He was the exact opposite--he loved it!  He was grabbing my fingers pulling my hand with the spoon toward his mouth and fussing if I took a second too long to reload the spoon.  It was still a bit messy, but he ate almost the entire tablespoon of cereal in about 5 minutes!  Sadly, he still only went about 5 hours between feedings and then reverted to every two hours, but I have faith that he will be able to go longer between feedings at night if I keep at it with the cereal.  He is a beautiful growing boy and we love him!  


3 comments:

  1. That's the first time I see a definite Tyler/Luke resemblance. Something about that "open mouth, give me food now" look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very funny. He is usually such a mellow guy, but man give him that spoon, bowl, and rice because you were clearly not going fast enough. I agree with his thoughts at the end, also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, he's so cute and funny. Can't wait to see him!

    ReplyDelete