Friday, October 9, 2009

Deals of the Week

I love getting a great deal on something. When you find something you like, and it's super cheap, it's like a double bonus!!! It's too bad that I don't play the lottery because I'm feeling lucky this week. Here are my finds:

1. Bar stools for the island. I found these at Goodwill for between $5-$9 each. Considering that one new bar stool at Freddy's is $30, I was pretty happy to find these. I even managed to strap Luke's high chair fairly securely onto one!


2. These adorable shoes for Luke. I found these at Goodwill for $3, and they appeared to have never been worn before and made by some fancy-schmancy French company. (Of course, Luke scuffed them up in the first 10 minutes of wearing them.) I got home and looked up the label, and these babies sell for $55-65 a pair. Again, getting something that I love for an amazing price makes me love them even more!!!


#3. Our corner entertainment center, which I have been on the lookout for for months. It was basically impossible for us to find an entertainment center that would fit in the corner and still house a TV large enough for Tyler's liking that didn't cost an arm and a leg. My sister-in-law Melissa was going to build us one, but I saw this pop up on Craigslist two days ago--custom built out of maple, never been used, would fit in our corner like a glove and house the size of TV we want. What's more, the lovely older couple selling it had received it as a donation for their foundation fundraiser auction and it didn't sell, so they were selling it for an AMAZING price just to get it out of their garage. I can't tell you how happy I am about this find!!!




Now, does anyone know where I can get a great deal on a 46" flat screen TV? Lydia is tired of dancing in the TV space to entertain us!



2 comments:

  1. Girl, you are a goood shopper! I LOVE those little shoes, so vintage looking and cute. Lydia is so cute, for some reason she looks like Cindy Loo Who sitting in the entertainment center.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressive...I need to frequent Goodwill more often.

    ReplyDelete