Monday, October 26, 2009

Five

Yep, we celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary on Friday, October 23rd, although from the space between us in the picture below you'd think we had known each other five days :)
Tyler's sister Breann and her husband Tony came and watched the kids for the weekend while Tyler and I escaped to Seaside, Oregon. (Bre and Tony's report here.) We found a great hotel, Rivertide Suites, which we liked so much we took our picture with it below. If you're going to Seaside anytime soon, check it out.
We had lunch at a charming restaurant right off the beach front Promanade and then snagged some salt water taffy to take back to the kids...
But my favorite activity of all was walking the beach with my best friend. The only bummer to our trip is that I got sick last week and wasn't feeling so great even by Friday, so I basically layed around a lot Friday and Saturday morning recuperating. Tyler took great care of me, getting me whatever I needed/wanted, and wouldn't let me even start feeling bad that I had tainted our weekend away by getting sick. He is truly the kindest, most sincere, loving, and handsomest man I know! Seriously, how could I not love this guy with my whole heart???
It's hard to believe that in the last five years we went from this young couple riding bikes on the Provo Trail....
To the happiest, "my cheeks hurt because I can't stop smiling" couple ever married at the Mount Timpanogos Temple!

We've had a few diplomas on the way...

But by far the most fun and most challenging additions to the last five years would be this:
and this.
I've loved the last five years of my life and I love my husband. The end.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! Wow, five years is a big milestone!! You guys make such an adorable couple! Love all the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just borrow Lydia? Rent her or something? I need a kid around who wants to pair a frilly skirt with rain boots. I have a kid who only wears police underwear instead. Doesn't even accessorize with shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! Oh I so remember the days when you and Tyler were dating. I have to say that I called it from the beginning! I think after your first time hanging out that I told Jefferson that I could see the two of you getting married. You two are the perfect fit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a liar, at least not a good one. I bet they were just sad that they didn't get to go to stake conference.

    ReplyDelete