Thursday, October 1, 2009

Happy Belated Birthday Luke!!!

Luke turned one on September 14th. Yes, I realize that was over two weeks ago, but I figured you all might enjoy a few tidbits from his birthday celebration even though it’s belated. We had cupcakes that evening, and as you can see in the progression of pictures, although he didn’t really eat much of his cupcake he made a pretty good mess like a little one-year-old boy should.



Here's Luke's reaction after he'd had some time to play with his food.

Lastly, Luke's favorite birthday present, his big-boy car seat.
He enjoyed riding front-facing on our trip to Pendleton a few days after his birthday. We went to the Pendleton Round-Up rodeo, which was very fun, and my parents came up from Fruitland so the kids got to have both sets of grandparents there to spoil them. For some reason I failed to take any pictures while we were there, so you'll just have to take my word that it was a great trip. The kids were sad to say goodbye to their grandmas and grandpas and return home with their grouchy, mean parents!

I love my little man. He has a smile that lights up the whole room. He is very loving and still cuddles with me when he's tired, which I enjoy very much. Every evening when Tyler walks through the door Luke gets a huge smile on his face and runs to his daddy, hugging his legs. He loves to jibber-jabber all day long. He can say a few words now: mom, uh-oh, go, dog, car, and just yesterday he started saying daddy. (Granted, you have to be familiar with his jabbering to pick out the words, but they are there.) He routinely tries to kill himself or maim his body in some way, but I love his energy and his happy disposition. Happy one year Lukey-Dukey!!!


1 comment:

  1. Very cute. I think that's about the extent of Tate's vocabulary so he's doing awesome. Although, I wondered if he wouldn't ever need to talk with Lydia's narration always handy =)

    ReplyDelete