Thursday, May 6, 2010

Dee Dee Unplugged

Can I just say that I love this little lady?

I love hearing how her mind works and how she tries to label new sounds/ideas with ones she already knows. For example, today after lunch her stomach was gurgling. (Sidebar--one of my favorite medical terms from nursing school is the technical name for that--borborygmi. Use it in a sentence today, I dare you.) She turned to me and said, "Mommy, my stomach is snoring!"

Today we were making Ty's birthday cake and Lydia was "reading" the recipe to me. Some highlights:
  • 3 cups of oil
  • 1 thing of sugar
  • one hot chocolate
  • whipped cream
  • water--"boiling Mom, it has to be boiling hot"
After playing dress-up she voluntarily picked up the clothes and put them away. She ran in to tell me about it while I was making dinner and I just said, "Awesome!" She replied with, "you're welcome Mommy." A gentle reminder that I forgot to say thank you!

Yesterday I was doing her hair and she wanted two little piggytails in front and one ponytail in back. I did the two front ones and got up to leave, at which point she used her most dramatic voice to tell me, "But Mom, I need my other piggytail. I don't feel beautiful!"

Yesterday she was scooting down the stairs on her bottom when she said, "Mom, my bum just made a stink in my face!" The rest of the day was spent reminiscing about how she ate too many strawberries and "now my bum is full of gassy."

Looking at this last picture made me sad. They both look so grown up and as much as I may say otherwise, I love the ages my kids are at right now. I want them to stay young and cute and innocent, and realizing that they're growing up so fast freaks me out!!!

3 comments:

  1. Your kids are getting old.

    You are old. AND

    Tyler is totally old.

    Happy Birthday Ty!

    Can I come down and try the cake that was made with 3 cups of oil. Did you fry it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish Lydia would come to my Pilates class so when somebody's bum makes a stink, she could claim it. If you move to Pendleton all kids stay the same age they are now....something to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what wonderful stories, I loved them all. I love hot chocolate in cake. oh man she is a cutie! Happy Birthday to Tyler too BTW!

    ReplyDelete