Saturday, May 1, 2010

McDonalds

Sorry, no pictures for those of you who don't read blog entries without eye candy to go along with it. Tyler's been gone since yesterday afternoon on Boy Scout Camporee, so I've been staying busy with the kiddos. They were really good this morning going to Lowe's and "helping" me weed/lay down fabric weed barrier/spread mulch on part of my yard, so I promised them McDonald's for dinner. It was a funny trip.

First off, when I pulled in the parking lot there was one of those mini-semi trucks pulling a long trailer PACKED full of steers and heifers. I found it ironic that there were all these cows parked outside an establishment where the people inside are consuming cows all day long. Maybe it's not funny to anyone else, but I found it amusing.

Lydia is very aware of the fact that there are certain privileges tied to behaving well (the McDonalds trip being one), so all today she kept saying, "Mom, am I being have? Mom, I am being so have right now!" I never had broken the word down before, but I totally see in her mind how it works.

After the kids inhaled their happy meals, I let them play in the play structure for a few minutes. Another little girl about 7 or 8 went down the slide and must have been going way too slow for her liking because when she reached the bottom she said, "Mom, my butt doesn't work." I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment